Marfrig's investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Marfrig's intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- the performance of the Brazilian, Chilean, Argentine and Uruguayan economies in general;
- changes in foreign exchange rates and/or interest rates;
- competition in the Brazilian and international beef industry and other markets in which Marfrig operates;
- changes in consumer demand;
- developments in, or changes to, the laws, regulations and governmental policies governing the Company’s business and products, including environmental and sanitary liabilities;
- the cost and availability of financing;
- adverse legal or regulatory disputes or proceedings;
- changes in regional, national and international business and economic conditions and inflation;
- Marfrig’s strategic direction and future operation;
- the implementation of the Company’s principal operating strategies;
- Marfrig’s acquisitions and joint ventures;
- the implementation of the Company’s financing strategy and capital expenditure plan;
- the competitive nature of the industry in which Marfrig operates;
- the outbreak of any diseases affecting livestock, such as bovine spongiform encephalopathy (commonly known as “mad cow disease”) or foot and mouth disease;
- any adverse judicial or administrative decision rendered against Marfrig;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect Marfrig’s future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. Marfrig’s future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.